Vice President, Commercial Lending
NMLS # 662894
The Springfield Area Home Builders Association (SAHBA) Tour of Homes is a tradition that dates back to 1964. As pictured in a 1964 ad in the Illinois State Register, these homes were reflective of the time: low, long, and simple. The median price was less than $20,000.
This year’s tour will feature 16 new homes in Springfield and the surrounding area. As a member of the board and assistant chair of the 2015 Tour of Homes, it’s been exciting to work with the builders as they’ve identified the following list of homes to be part of the this event.
- 4087 Newbury in Old Bradfordton
- 4247 Osage in Old Bradfordton
- 3311 Lakemere Drive in Kreston Place
- 2413 Wimbledon Place in Tara Hill
- 109 Brookstone Drive in The Homes of Stone Creek
- 3959/3961 Cornerstone Circle in The Homes of Stone Creek
- 5824 Hedley in Centennial Park
- 2821 Pat Tillman Drive in Centennial Park
- 3608 Crystal Spring in Panther Creek West
- 7201 Royal Troon in Piper Glen
- 22 Mashie Ct in The Rail
- 18 Mashie Ct in The Rail
- 2007 Grant’s Pond in Iron Bridge Estates
- 2013 Grant’s Pond in Iron Bridge Estates
- 2025 Fox Haven in Iron Bridge Estates
- 219 Sandstone in Manor Hill
The tour runs two weekends – Sept. 12 and 13 and Sept. 19 and 20. The cost is only $5 per person, and tickets are good both weekends. You can get your tickets at any home on the tour or at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore in its new location, 2744 S Sixth St. Partial proceeds of ticket sales will go to Habitat for Humanity and the Ronald McDonald House.
I have been a member of the SAHBA for about 18 years. Being a member of the association, I am also a member of the National Association of Home Builders. The association is dedicated to improving the local housing industry through legislation, education and services for the benefit of the members and local communities. The goal of the SAHBA is to be the voice of the building industry in our local community. Our members deal with local, state and national issues to keep everyone aware of what is coming up. SAHBA lobbies in the best interest of the building community in Central Illinois, while keeping all sides talking about the issues.